Code of Ethics
1. REAL PD will provide the highest quality of service and care in supporting and assisting clients in personal growth and learning.
2. REAL PD will respect and honour the value and dignity of all and protect the safety, welfare, and best interests of clients and horses.
3. REAL PD will always consider physical and emotional safety concerns. This includes safety utilising horses and the maintenance of a safe facility. Therapeutic approaches are to be implemented in a respectful manner, maintaining the privacy and rights of confidentiality of all clients, and never abusing power through sexual or inappropriate relationships with clients.
4. REAL PD will continually evaluate the progress of clients and will promptly refer them to other professional services if and when this is in the best interest of the client.
5. REAL PD will treat other associates and professionals courteously and respect their views, ideas, and opinions.
6. REAL PD will share information, experiences, and ideas that will benefit, strengthen, and improve the effectiveness of Equine Assisted Psychotherapy.
7. REAL PD will regularly evaluate his/her own professional strengths and limitations and will seek to improve self and profession through ongoing education and training.
8. REAL PD will not misrepresent by claiming or implying professional qualifications, education, experience, or affiliations not possessed by the associate.
9. REAL PD will follow all state/country laws and guidelines pertaining to the scope of his/her practice and limitations of business.
10. REAL PD will not participate in, condone or be associated with dishonesty, fraud, deceit, illegal activities, or misrepresentation.
11. REAL PD will not engage in personal conduct which adversely affects the quality of professional services rendered or cause harm to the reputation of the profession.
12. REAL PD will maintain the highest standards of professional integrity